A chemical peel is a popular technique to improve the texture and appearance of the skin. Peels are used on the face, neck, and hands. A chemical solution is applied to the skin that causes it to eventually peel off, exposing the new, fresher, smoother skin underneath.
Am I a candidate for this treatment?
You may be a good candidate for a chemical peel if you want to improve the appearance of fine lines, wrinkles, scars, and hyperpigmentation. However, peels are not recommended for people who have certain skin conditions or are taking certain medications. After an in-depth consultation and evaluation, Dr. Kuerschner can tell you if this treatment is appropriate for you.
Why choose Summit Aesthetics for chemical peels?
- In addition to his training in oral surgery and maxillofacial surgery, Dr. Kuerschner completed the International Fellowship of Facial Aesthetics training, which included exclusive hands-on master courses delivered by highly respected instructors in the most advanced techniques of regenerative medicine, aesthetic surgery, and cosmetic dermatology.
- Stefanie Kuerschner, MBA, BSN, RNBC, co-founder of Summit Aesthetics, is a certified aesthetic nurse specialist.
- Our practice was established to provide superior service and results in facial aesthetic treatments, all of which are overseen by an accomplished facial surgeon.
What is recovery like after a chemical peel?
Recovery after a chemical peel can vary depending on the type of peel you have.
- With a light peel, you can expect some redness, stinging, irritation, and flaking of the skin.
- With a medium peel, you are likely to have symptoms similar to a deep sunburn, including skin redness, stinging, and flaking.
- With a deep peel, recovery takes longer. You can expect to return to work and normal activities in approximately two weeks after treatment. The swelling will subside in about two weeks, but redness may remain longer. Discomfort during your recovery can be controlled with medications.
$59 Dermal Infusion ($199 Value)
Dermalinfusion is an advanced skin-resurfacing treatment that combines exfoliation, extraction, and infusion of condition-specific serums to improve skin health, function and appearance.